*Please note that this a 6 month fixed term role.
*Applicants for this position should be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand resident for at least 5 years.
This role is to apply and contribute to the development of Quality Assurance processes for Springload. This will include assessing and identifying risks from project requirements, create project test plan, prioritising risks and establishing testing regimes accordingly.
You are a pragmatic tester and are able to operate independently and make the most of the resources and time available to you. It is expected that your work will be in line with the Springload Q&A guidelines and standards and that you will follow Springload patterns that have been established.
You’re an excellent team player, articulate and used to testing software with a high level of client interaction. If you’re a creative, practical, and passionate test engineer, we want to hear from you.
The tasks are varied! They include, but are not limited to:
- Writing and executing test cases against stories, creating and maintaining automated tests in-line with agreed testing standards and practices
- Ensuring transparency of quality within the mobile team
- Working with the team to develop workable solutions that best fit the business needs or alternatives that do not necessarily require system functional changes
- Assessing and identifying risks from a project requirement and prioritising as necessary
- Proactively identifying areas of improvement and engaging the relevant areas and teams for discussion and potential inclusion in any future developments
- Communicate the results of test runs and any issues arising to the project delivery team in a timely manner.
Relevant Skills & Experience:
- High level analytical and problem solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not necessarily available
- Mobile experience on both iOS and Android including experience with adb, XCode, Android SDK, and ability to capture necessary device details
- Hands‐on testing experience within a whole range of functional testing including UAT, acceptance and system testing, both manual and automated testing
- Experience in testing web applications/platforms
- Demonstrated experience in successfully contributing to development teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience with web accessibility and browser compatibility testing
- Experience with REST/JSON, SOA and SOAP
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and workflow
- Experience Chrome web developer console and Postman
- Experience with XCUITesting, Appium, Cucumber for automation.
Nice to have
- Experience with performance testing tools (Jmeter with TCP sampler and HTTP sampler)
- Experience in testing CMS (Django/Wagtail or Silverstripe)
- Experience in Linux Console
Springload’s culture is like no other in Wellington. We work hard but the atmosphere in the office is collaborative and friendly. There’s always plenty of Flight Coffee brewing, and craft beer and healthy snacks in the fridge. We’re no sweatshop – we like Springloaders to enjoy their work but go home on time.
Springload promotes a workplace that celebrates diversity, creativity, and talent. Our talent come from all over the world. We’ve made a formal commitment to ensuring fairness in our workplace when we joined the Diversity Works (Previously the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust).
Springload works with a wide range of clients. Our projects are diverse, interesting and challenging—from graphic-led work like the New Zealand Festival and Klim websites, to making complex banking interactions smooth and friendly for Kiwibank. We aim to bring a mix of product thinking, great content and graphic design, usability and tech smarts to all our work.
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Learning & growth – if you want to grow, we’ll give you the opportunities you’re looking for.
- A Wellness Pack – we’ll support your efforts to stay mentally and physically fit.
- A beautiful workplace with lots of break-out areas to fuel your soul.
- A team of highly talented teammates who strive to create world class experiences that make people's lives better.
Annual team retreat
Each year you'll join us for Scrum: our annual team retreat. You'll contribute meaningfully to shaping the way Springload works, and participate in some outrageous fun. This may include barrelling down rapids on a raft, building catapults, or trying to float a car across a lake. Just to name a few.