Senior UX Researcher
Be the voice of our customers’ customers. Bring your user experience chops and get involved in research and design on all projects at Springload, at a strategic and hands-on level.
Springload works with a wide range of clients. Our projects are diverse, interesting and challenging—from graphic-led work like the New Zealand Festival and Klim websites, to making complex banking interactions smooth and friendly for Kiwibank. We aim to bring a mix of product thinking, great content and graphic design, usability and tech smarts to all our work.
We like to make things that make our customers’ customers happy. That means we place a lot of importance on user experience right across Springload.
As a Senior UX Researcher you’ll be a proven leader in the UX field and will help ensure our products are customer-focussed and user-friendly. You’ll make it easy for our clients to build great products – and a great business.
You’ll have a portfolio of work showcasing your UX and problem solving skills. You’re an excellent team player, articulate and used to driving strategy through a high level of client interaction. If you’re a pragmatic, passionate and positive user experience researcher, and want to create excellent digital experiences that solve clients’ problems, we want to hear from you!
In this role you’ll:
- Work closely with our clients to understand their business needs and the needs of their customers, through workshops, interviews and discovery sessions. You’ll use this information to lead end-to-end user experience on projects, from discovery through to enhancements post-go-live.
- Plan and conduct qualitative and quantitative user research such as customer interviews, surveys and usability testing.
- Create UX outputs including information architectures, user flows, wireframes, storyboards and user journey maps.
- Provide UX leadership (be the champion) for Springload’s clients and internal teams – content, design, development and client services – through strategy, recommendations and production of UX deliverables.
- Use data to drive decision making, focussing on customers’ motivations and needs.
- Establish and promote user experience guidelines, best practices and standards within Springload and externally.
- Continually improve your knowledge in the UX field and stay abreast of new concepts and techniques as the industry develops. Contribute these learnings to the business and assist in developing Springload’s UX capabilities.
- Participate in new business pitches, and extend existing client relationships.
Who are you?
- Proven experience leading UX on projects with a strong track record of success.
- Experience in working with diverse stakeholders to understand the goals and scope of projects, and bringing them on board with user-centred approaches.
- Experience providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to projects.
- A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Experience in a fast-paced and innovative environment, preferably an agency where you worked on multiple projects
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and shift priorities as required to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Proficiency in UX tools.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent project management approach and thinking with sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong coaching skills to support and develop UX within Springload and with our clients.
- Warmth and authenticity in any interactions, keeping people at the heart of what we do.
- Passionate about what you do and driven by a desire to be great.
- Always showing curiosity and desire to keep growing and learning.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with others in the team, creating a sense of unity and that everyone contributes to the decision making process.
- Adept at working with clients, a vision for projects, offering expertise and strategy, and knowing how to navigate difficult conversations when necessary.
- Understanding of audience insights tools including Google Analytics.
- Pragmatic, positive and friendly approach.
Bonus points for
- Lean UX experience
- Agile experience
Springload’s culture is like no other in Wellington. We work hard but the atmosphere in the office is collaborative and friendly. There’s always plenty of Flight Coffee brewing, and craft beer and healthy snacks in the fridge. We’re no sweatshop—we like Springloaders to enjoy their work but go home on time.
Springload promotes a workplace that celebrates diversity, creativity, and talent. Our talent come from all over the world and half of our 43 staff are women. We’ve made a formal commitment to ensuring fairness in our workplace when we joined the Diversity Works (Previously the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust).
What we can offer
- A competitive salary
- Learning & growth—if you want to grow, we’ll give you the opportunities you’re looking for
- A beautiful workplace with lots of break-out areas to fuel your soul
- A team of highly talented teammates who strive to create world class experiences that make people's lives better
- The best city in New Zealand (and some say, the world). Springload is based in Wellington, New Zealand.
- If you don't have residency we can help you with your work visa as we’re an Accredited Employer with New Zealand Immigration