Springload works with a wide range of clients. Our projects are diverse, interesting & challenging—from graphic-led work like the New Zealand Festival and Klim websites, to making complex banking interactions smooth and friendly for Kiwibank. We aim to bring a mix of product thinking, great graphic design, usability and tech smarts to all our work.
We like to make things that make our customers’ customers happy. That means we place a lot of importance on user experience right across the business.
As the Design Lead you’ll be a proven leader in the digital design field and will help ensure our design team is working optimally and our creative work is of a consistently high standard.
To be successful as the Design Lead, you’ll have an extensive portfolio of work showcasing your digital design and problem solving skills. You’re an excellent team player, articulate and you are used to a high level of client interaction.
In this role you’ll...
- Mentor, influence and inspire the design and UX teams
- Proactively contribute to and help us improve our overall creative and project processes
- Spearhead the design and strategy for projects in conjunction with the client and our internal teams.
- Work with the executive team, leading and contributing to the design, digital and sales strategies for Springload and ensuring we stay relevant and successful in the long-term.
Who are you?
- You’ll have experience designing and building highly effective design and UX teams, ideally within an agency setting.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a track record of growing effective teams and businesses in a profitable, scalable way.
- Experience providing both strategic, analytical as well as highly creative ideas to projects.
- Proven experience leading design and UX on projects with a strong track record of success.
- Strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
- Excellent project management approach and thinking with sound analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership ability, vision, and flexibility to initiate change where appropriate combined with personal integrity.
- Strong coaching skills to support and develop the Springload team.
- Warmth and authenticity in any interactions, keeping people at the heart of what we do.
- Passionate about what you do and driven by a desire to be great.
- Always showing curiosity and desire to keep growing and learning.
- Commitment to working collaboratively with others in the team, creating a sense of unity and that everyone contributes to the decision making process.
What’s the workplace like?
The atmosphere in the office is super-friendly and there’s always plenty of tasty beer and food in the fridge. It’s not a sweatshop and is very family friendly—we like Springloaders to enjoy their work and we like it when they go home on time.
Springload promotes a workplace that celebrates diversity, creativity and talent. We made a formal commitment to ensuring fairness in our workplace when we joined the Equal Employment Opportunities Trust.
What we can offer
- A competitive salary.
- Learning & growth—we don’t expect everyone to be amazing at all things so can help learn new skills or improve your practice.
- A great workplace with highly talented teammates who are all passionate about creating world class experiences that make people's lives better.
- Springload is based in Wellington, New Zealand. Some say the coolest little capital in the world.